home *** CD-ROM | disk | FTP | other *** search
/ Cream of the Crop 26 / Cream of the Crop 26.iso / bbs / tmg108.zip / MAGIC.ZIP / STARTUP.SCR < prev    next >
Text File  |  1997-06-01  |  1KB  |  29 lines

1. @#Define
  2. @#MAIN
  3.   Writeln "`c                      `%Welcome to The Magic Gate v 1.08:"
  4.   Writeln "`#-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-"
  5. WriteBlock
  6. `9  In this installation of `!The Magic Gate`9, I've done some enhancements
  7.   to what I began in 1.07.  All the kinks have been worked out of the item
  8.   system.  Only thing that you, as a player, may find odd is that in upgrading
  9.   from a previous version of TMG, your armors, weapons, and shields no longer
  10.   correspond exactly to those in the database.  This is fine, and they will
  11.   work as they always have.  The only thing you'll be missing out on is the
  12.   pictures and descriptions of those items.  If you were to sell them and buy
  13.   the exact same item, you would see it perfectly.
  14.     The combat system in 1.08 has gotten a bit of an overhaul.  I looked hard
  15.   and long on how to re-work it, and I believe it provides a better playing
  16.   field as far as balance between players and monsters is concerned.  Watch
  17.   out for those mobs that could never hit you before... They just may be able
  18.   to nail you now.
  19.     Shops have changed quite a bit as well.  They are no longer restricted to
  20.   what they can sell.  Any item registered in the database is available to be
  21.   sold at any shop.
  22. EndBlock
  23.   Writeln ""
  24.   Writeln "`3  Happy Gaming"
  25.   Writeln "`!  -Wyvern"
  26.   Pause
  27.   Halt
  28. @#